Monday, November 14, 2011

Detoxes - Rehabbing Yourself

I'm reading about nutritional detoxes (not colon-cleansing ones that rid the body of precious bacteria) as some of my friends have said they have used detoxes successfully to lower long-term chronic problem severity. I have heard that detoxes work for arthritis, specifically, and anticipate that FMS might be lowered by restoring an accurate body chemistry. Also, as I mentioned in previous blogs, my step-dad Arnold was able to rid his body of toxic nerve agents (grasshopper poison) so perhaps I could also correct some toxic problems, if in fact that's what has happened from the mycoplasma.

One of the most important things I read lately is the effect of stress on the body. Specifically from this site Detoxbodydetox.com:

“When you’re stressed, cortisol levels in your body increase,” says Pamela Peeke, M.D., author of Body for Life for Women. “Chronic elevation of cortisol begins to cause a dysfunction in the immune system, and it induces greater levels of inflammation in the body, increasing the risk of heart disease, cancer and autoimmune diseases.”

Given that FMS is a response to stress, it makes sense this response might be chemical. Specifically, the body chemistry gets "off", and the body is unable to counteract the damage the mycoplasma did previously. (This is my opinion only.) But given that my pain goes away every time I go on vacation (aka have no stress) there is a DEFINITE connection. Especially as FMS has been classed as an auto-immune disease.

As to permanent recovery? Perhaps. The jury is out. But until then I am now researching permanent detox diets that incorporate daily foods that are natural detoxifiers.

Let me know what you try. Anything special that has worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment