Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Never Complain, Never Explain

One of the hardest things with pain is the feeling that you need to constantly explain things. Why you can't do things, why you have to do things, yadda yadda yadda.

You don't.


I love the phrase "Never Complain, Never Explain." This is PERFECT for chronic illness.Unless the person is deep in your life, and really needs an answer, you can just say - "Hey, I gotta..." and fill in the blank. Period.








- Hey, I gotta run now!
- Hey, I gotta cut this conversation short, chat tomorrow?
- Hey, I gotta get some sleep.
- Hey, I gotta find a place to sit down.
- Hey, I gotta reschedule with you, is that ok?
- Hey, I gotta run by the doctor's office, I'll be in late tomorrow.

See how easy that is?

No embarrassment, no guilt, no anger at yourself for what you CAN'T do, just hey, I gotta...

Give it a try! Post a comment, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment