Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sickness and Self-Hatred

This is a very big topic, but one that I will cover very quickly. Because it sucks.

You already know all about it. You hate yourself because your body failed you. Therefore you reject your body back.

Bad move.

Pain means your body needs something. So how would rejecting your body in return help anything?

I actually haven't figured out the answer to this one yet. Candidly. So if you have, please leave a comment. The closest I can get is to get my basic needs met, ALL THE TIME, NO MATTER WHAT. That is my commitment to my body. That is how I appease my body for hating it.

The second way is that I look as good as possible, all the time. This means that the more I hurt, the better I look. This helps me NOT hate my body, because look how pretty I am? It's hard to reject pretty things, even when they are you.


Fundamental to chronic illness is self-hatred. Though I haven't figured out the answer, I do know this, you've got to break the cycle. You have GOT to learn to love and cherish your body, just the way it is.

Because your body is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment